Currently reading
Missing Hard drive space

NAS
916+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Ok I have the Synology 916+ and I have deleted a large amount of data but it's not showing up as coming back.
I have the recycle bin emptied but I am only showing 500gb left out of 16ish TB, it should be more like 4 or 5TB free from what I can work out.

Am I missing something obvious?

Hey Stanleh - Just wondering how your drives are set and if you took the RAID System into account for the expected storage VS available storage. If the RAID concepts are clear and not related, then the kind of volume and filesystem should be researched to see how much space you can actually expect.

I sorted it, it was actually downloaders temporary files, I had assumed once the download was complete and you had stopped it then it would no longer require any space.
Once I clicked remove all completed downloads it got my space back, took ages mind you.

Thanks for the help, I actually need to run a defrag as I don't think I have yet on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.