DS920+, DS918+, DS214+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi!

I just migrated from a DS916+ to a DS920+ by just swapping drives. After a short boot up I had to patch the system and could login again. Obviously I did sthg. wrong since I had to re-install all previous packages. I had a backup of the system settings as well as some Hyper Backup files. Right now the DS is restored to almost 95% now. However I'm do not get access to the home shares for any of my users.

My DS916+ is running as a Primary Synology Directory Server, with Active Directory users, hence the home folders are located at: /volume2/homes/@DH-DOMAIN/0/<user-X>.
1670014507621.png

All files and folders are there, but when trying to map any home folder, e.g. \\nas\home for the currently logged in user, I do get access denied, using Windows 10.

I checked all privileges up and down for those home folders for any of the AD-users to no avail so far. The appropriate home root folder, e.g. ch...-1134 or m...-1166 seems to be OK.

Any other shares on that DS that are assigned domain groups for accessing privileges, are working well.

The home service is active and running. I restarted the DS several times already, to no avail either.

So is there a chance to restore the obviously missing privileges of the home shares?

Last edited:
Just noticed that no new home folders are generated for AD users at all.
So any idea how to re-enabled the user home service?

OTH when creating a new local user the home drive gets created!

Solved! I did not take into account that those home directories of domain users can be found kn system settings under Domain/LDAP...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back