RT2600ac misterious DHCP reservation entry which I cannot delete

Currently reading
RT2600ac misterious DHCP reservation entry which I cannot delete

Hi,
there's a DHCP reservation entry that I cannot delete.
Even after selecting it and clicking on remove it shows up again immediately.
I never created it.
Is it from the router itself or the modem maybe?
The IP is 192.168.1.156
I just deleted its entry from "DHCP List" and it doesn't show up there anymore.
I'm running the latest firmware (didn't do an hard reset after the update): SRM 1.2.4-8081
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here.

Thanks for help! :)

It would be difficult to say of the bat what device is related to that ip address. It is local for sure but from what only you can tell or share a bit more info on the matter and take it from there. Start by detecting the MAC address associated with that IP and you can exactly trace the origin of the device using a network adapter that uses that MAC address.

Hi,
there's a DHCP reservation entry that I cannot delete.
Even after selecting it and clicking on remove it shows up again immediately.
I never created it.
Is it from the router itself or the modem maybe?
The IP is 192.168.1.156
I just deleted its entry from "DHCP List" and it doesn't show up there anymore.
I'm running the latest firmware (didn't do an hard reset after the update): SRM 1.2.4-8081
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here.

Thanks for help! :)

Based on the IP address itself of x.156, it is unlikely to be your modem and will be some device on your network. I have never had a DHCP reservation added without myself doing it manually. I would suggest rebooting the router since you deleted the entry from the "DHCP List". It should show up there again. Then you might be able to tell what the device is by the Hostname given to it in the list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.