Mobile data technologies

Currently reading
Mobile data technologies

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS920+ : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Last edited:
It's been a while since I passed by the lounge :)
Found no cookies :(

Wanted to share these two pages. I was looking for GSM standards and needed a reference to carrier signals.

Mobile data standards

Frequency reference

@SynoMan says he has infinite space on this server. Like exabytes of terabytes and gigabytes with lots of megabits inside them :D
So I keep posting!

there is also WTTx as bridge between 4G and 5G. Perfect solution for rural areas.
WTTx is a 4G & 4.5G-based broadband access solution, which uses wireless to provide fiber-like broadband access for household (xDSL replacement).

Tested 1,5y and really happy in my parents house. The deployment is really quick (external antenna, cat6 cable, WTTx router). Internet speed for this kind of technology is limited to 200Mbps, there is one and only dependency - direct view to BTS from your roof/window/balcony.... (no weather dependency). Stable.

That's interesting. So how far can I be from the BTS? I mean I might use binoculars and can see it, is that ok? :D
No distance limit as far as I can see?

There's a lot of health concern debates now especially with 5G being deployed. And if you come to think of it, all of this is new (20+ years), we don't really know the long term effects on our health if any. 5G is polarizing people's opinion more than ever.

We have to die from something right :p?
I’m sure that we were going to die if we made calls on a GSM mobile phone. That’s what they said in the mid-90s.

Might’ve been an indirect relationship to the increase need for electricity and burning fossil fuels?

@WST16 they take a long time to cook in the solar power oven, sorry for the wait. Here you go 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

That's interesting. So how far can I be from the BTS? I mean I might use binoculars and can see it, is that ok? :D
No distance limit as far as I can see?

There's a lot of health concern debates now especially with 5G being deployed. And if you come to think of it, all of this is new (20+ years), we don't really know the long term effects on our health if any. 5G is polarizing people's opinion more than ever.
Macrosite BTS (scalable sectors, 50 users/sector) up to 5Km
Microsite BTS (just one sector for max. 30 users) up to 2Km, really cheap

WTTx is just enhaced LTE, but for "Fix Air" usage. Then WTTx is LTE TDD. An explanation:

LTE is defined to support both the paired spectrum for Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) and unpaired spectrum for Time Division Duplex (TDD).
TD-LTE does not require a paired spectrum since transmission and reception occurs in the same channel. In FD-LTE, it requires a paired spectrum with different frequencies with a guard band.
TD-LTE is cheaper than FD-LTE since in TD-LTE there is no need for a duplexer to isolate transmission and receptions.
In TD-LTE, it’s possible to change the uplink and downlink capacity ratio dynamically according to the needs. In FD-LTE, capacity is determined by frequency allocation by regulatory authorities, making it difficult to make a dynamic change.
In TD-LTE, a larger guard period is necessary to maintain the uplink and downlink separation that will affect the capacity. In FD-LTE, the same concept is referred to as a guard band for isolation of uplink and downlink, which will not affect capacity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.