Question Moments - Can it use cloud computing resources or a network connected PCs for compute?

Currently reading
Question Moments - Can it use cloud computing resources or a network connected PCs for compute?

NAS
DS1512+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
The AI features of Moments are compelling, however as I have an image library of over 200,000 photos, the processing may take forever. Is there a way to outsource some of the AI compute to the cloud or to another PC on the network? The Synology unit is great (DS1512+) but these Celeron / Atom processors are just not designed for this type of workload. Aside from buying a new NAS, does anyone have any ideas to speed up the work?

In my experience what you need is something that makes time change. I distinctly remember my university maths for engineers lectures seemed to last for hours but outside only one hour had elapsed. If you put he NAS in a lecture theatre I'm sure it'll be finished in no time*.

*Don't attend the lectures yourself!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.