Moments storage

Currently reading
Moments storage

Last edited:
Do you mean /home and /homes/<username> ?

If yes, then it means you're using an administrator's account for your normal everyday activities: the /homes shared folder is only visible to admin users and is where the real user home folders are located. A user will be shown a pseudo-folder called home instead. The admin user sees both.

It's good practice to use the admin account for admin activities and to create a standard user account for your real usage.

I guess I need to start over. When I first set it up I created an admin account. I then created another ,"example John," and then disabled Admin. If John didn't have admin privilege's how would I re enable the admin account to use it as I tried logging in with it disabled and it would now allow it!

You have to have an admin account but only use it for admin tasks. Reserve use of this account to locations and devices where you are confident of their security. The second account, not in the administrators group, will have less access but has what is required to use the packages and features on a daily basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.