Currently reading
Mount files to Windows 10 possible?

NAS
DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have an windows htpc and it has a photos screensaver. I would like to have the pictures moments backs up sync with the screensaver.

All I would need to do would be to mount my homes/user/cellphone storage as a networked location in windows in order for this to happen. But I cannot access the folder from windows, it asks for credentials and even when I give it the right information it doesn't load and says wrong password.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Windows 10
DS1621+

My advice would be to create a user on the Synology box and use those credentials when mounting the network share ("Shared Folder" in Synology terminology). I wouldn't use the Administrator credentials. You should be able to log on to the Synology box with those same credentials. Also make sure that user has read permissions on the network share.

Once set up, you should be able to open File Explorer in Windows and access the share by putting "\\synologyBox\shareName".

Hope that helps!

How are you exactly doing this?
Going to my network places in windows.
My advice would be to create a user on the Synology box and use those credentials when mounting the network share ("Shared Folder" in Synology terminology). I wouldn't use the Administrator credentials. You should be able to log on to the Synology box with those same credentials. Also make sure that user has read permissions on the network share.

Once set up, you should be able to open File Explorer in Windows and access the share by putting "\\synologyBox\shareName".

Hope that helps!
Well, if I'm understanding you correctly I go to Control Panel > Shared Folder and create a share from there, yes? If this is true than how exactly would I map the files in moments to this share?

Something tells me that isn't exactly what you mean though and I am lost beyond control.

This is all for the windows media center photos slideshow, when I am in wmc and I am playing music there is an option to "show photos" and it's very nice to have on in the background while music is playing on the tv.

This is also for a family of six, with each individual user set in moments. Something tells me this is going to not happen to get everyone's photos working with this method, which is fine. Just letting everyone know what I am trying to do is all. Thank you again for all the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.