DSM 7.0 Mount Remote folder: Fail to connect to the remote folder.

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Mount Remote folder: Fail to connect to the remote folder.

NAS
DS1821+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a Synology 1821+ and just installed DSM 7.0. It opens on Mac and Windows with Chrome. After about 30 seconds I get the pop-up error: "Mount remote folder: the system is busy"

Then the pop-up error:

"Mount Remote folder: Fail to connect to the remote folder. Please make sure the remote server is accessible via CIFS protocol"

In the notification, I see the error "Unable to mount all folders automatically". I looked in the Log Center to try to determine which folder it is referring to.

I did not have the error message on DSM 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I get the same thing after upgrading to DSM 7 on the weekend.

If I browse to my DS916+ from Safari on my iPad and then open File Station the same error pops up. As far as I can recall I only have 1 remote mount to my PVR and that seems to have mounted fine. If I open the remote folder it populates, close File Station and then open it again, the same error pops up.

edit: actually I don’t see this “Mount remote folder: the system is busy”, I just get second error as soon as I open File Station

Upvote 0
I have ZERO connections showing in the remote connection list.

However, I did have a failed connection under Tools > Mount List > Remote folder

I removed the failed one and no longer get the connection error. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.