Mount Synology Drive (not sync)

Currently reading
Mount Synology Drive (not sync)

Hi there,

I'm looking to actually mount synology drive on MacOS and Windows. Not sync. I do not wish to sync it, as it's several TBs of data.

Just mount as a local drive.
How is this done?

Thanks
Alex

It is. But far for optimal.
If nas is not on local LAN, then I have to do webdav, which get's a bit more complicated.

I believe the Synology Drive app should offer that natively, and actually mount it as a local drive on MacOS and Windows (like pCloud does).

It is. But far for optimal.
If nas is not on local LAN, then I have to do webdav, which get's a bit more complicated.

I believe the Synology Drive app should offer that natively, and actually mount it as a local drive on MacOS and Windows (like pCloud does).
Well you are welcome to submit it as a feature suggestion on the official Synology page, maybe they will at some point.

On Windows, wouldn't you just mount this as a network drive? Or my PC on my home network I simply mount //Synology/username as my S: drive and use it that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.