Move disk and keep data?

Currently reading
Move disk and keep data?

My good old DS214 was killed by lightning a few days ago. The powersurge travelled trough the ethernetcable, and killed most other wired equipment.

The DS214 powers on, but the network interface is fried. Time to buy a new, similar model. So my question is: If I use the same disks from the 214, will the data be readable on a new model, or does it reformat it to fit the new hardware?

-Roffee

Typically you should be able to migrate. Synology has a matrix available on the knowledgebase, my experience is that you can migrate most of the time to a higher specced model. There is a migration assistant in the package centre.
I hope your disks have survived the lightning!
Success

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.