Currently reading
Move files and retain orig DATE CREATED of files/folders

NAS
DS1621+, DS1621+, DS918
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
When I originally setup my DS1621+ and created the shared folders for my media I did not enable data checksum for advanced data integrity, because I didn't know what it did. As I understand it, with that enabled on a folder, I can data scrub that folder to protect its contents from bit rot, and it verifies all the data stored in those folders are still complete, intact and safe?

Now, nearly a year later, I want to use that feature, but I can not enable it on an existing folder, I have to create a new folder and enable that option then transfer contents of folder1 to folder2 with data checksum.

I am a Emby user, and once I transfer the folders, and remove/add those folders to my emby library, the display order will change because Emby displays files by date created to the top, at least I have mine set to do that (I hate Kodi for not allowing that sort feature, and its why I never use Kodi).

So, is it possible to create folder2 with data checksum, move contents from folder1 into folder2 and keep the original contents folders and files date created?

Yes? I will have to recheck. I am trying not to reorder my emby server is all. Last time I did this (before nas) and cloned hdd1 to hdd2 (a larger drive) all the created dates changed and the emby media server sort order got all wonky, and that upsets the wife boss... I'm sure some of you understand ;)

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.