2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have DS920+ setup like this:
2x 8TB disks (Raid1)
1x 16TB disk (no Raid)

on that 1x 16TB drive i have Plex movies, can i simple unplug disk from my DS920+ and plug it to my new nas DS1522+ (which already is setup and running with 2x new 6TB drives)?

I want to make sure that when i attach my drive (16TB) to DS1522+, all data will be in new synology nas?

Also, can you please help me how to move disk from synology 920+ to 1522+, simple shutdown synology 920+ remove disk, and attach in synology 1522?

Thanks for help

I want to make sure that when i attach my drive (16TB) to DS1522+, all data will be in new synology nas?
That will happen exactly like that as a separate volume.

Also, can you please help me how to move disk from synology 920+ to 1522+, simple shutdown synology 920+ remove disk, and attach in synology 1522?
you can do it like that ofc, but both models support hot-swap, so there is no need to turn the devices off, you can do it on the fly while they are working.

That will happen exactly like that as a separate volume.

you can do it like that ofc, but both models support hot-swap, so there is no need to turn the devices off, you can do it on the fly while they are working.
Thank you man!

Last question, do i need to do something is DSM panel before unplug disk? or simple unplug it and attach in new nas?

Something like "deactivate drive":
1662720604414.png

Thanks!

can i use only one NVM SSD Cache drive for 3 volumes?
You mean all 3 at the same time? If so, then no. Cache will be for a single volume at a time. With one NVMe drive you will have the read-only option only.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.