Currently reading
Movies uploaded to Movies Folder show up in TV instead

NAS
Ds220j
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Like it says in the title. My DS video interface shows everything as being in the TV folder even though I definitely uploaded it to Movies. I have tried re-uploading the files, creating a Film folder and moving the files into that, and more, but nothing seems to change DS Video's mind.

No, I did not. Movies was a pre-existing folder, so I did not think I had to identify anything. I just started uploading a few movies to it. Must I identify the folders as certain sources under settings?

Must I identify the folders as certain sources under settings?
It's been awhile since I've used VS, but I recall this is necessary, and helps metadata acquisition.

1TKAW1q.png

That's how I did my uploading but something is wrong. I guess I should start over!

It looks like during the installation process a second VIDEO folder got created inside the TV folder somehow and then the MOVIE folder was inside the new VIDEO folder and my movies were being uploaded into that. Now that I've straightened that out I'm realizing what a terrible piece of software this really is. The indexing got tons of stuff wrong and correcting it is time to consuming. I think I'm just going to use VLC instead.

You can try Plex as it can use the same media folders that have already been set up for Video and Audio Station. Provided your file naming and folder structure are like @Telos mentioned.

I have Plex as my primary media server, using a mix of iTunes organised media and Kodi file naming (tv series.s01e01.episode name.mp4). Then have VS as a fallback/historical option.

I find Plex has better tagging. When it gets things wrong it is easier and quicker to fix, plus you can fix multiple items at a time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back