Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
I am thinking of adding MR2200ac as a mesh router for my upstairs and the main concern is connecting to the main router RT2600ac (no internal Ethernet wiring)
These are the possible options:
  1. Connect thru the WiFi from RT2600ac (but the signal is weak upstairs)
  2. Connect thru home power adapters (using Ethernet power adapter (like TP link Powerline Adapter AV2000)
If 2nd option is a possibility, what's the best reliable and secure Powerline adapter?

Any suggestions/comments please..

Sling a Cat5e (more flexible than Cat6) between windows :cool: ... it's what I do between two TP-Link unmanaged gigabit switches. Then connect the routers to the switches.

The cable between windows has been in place for years, when I wanted a downstairs Mac Mini to have LAN-speed backups. The windows are double glazed units, those heavy plastic jobs that have a little bit of gap and a rubbery seal. There's just enough gap and flex in the seal to close the window with the cable.

Before you do anything you should get a WiFi scanner app and do a walk test. You may find a better location for the RT2600ac. I use WiFi Explorer on Mac, so there should be something similar on Windows.

Try Devolo Powerline adapters, best in business by far!

Try Devolo Powerline adapters, best in business by far!
I am not sure if this is available internationally. Their re sellers are mostly in Europe.

Is it possible to use a 5 port switch in between the long cable to reduce the data loss (as shown below)
Will this reduce the data loss and increase speed to the mesh router?

1587304889568.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.