NAS
DS918+, DS414j
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Ok, I currently have all my containers (where possible) connected to a network called synology (yes I should have spent more time thinking about a witty name).
I also have a few containers which connect through a VPN container for their internet access.
Is it possible to combine:
Code:
    networks:
      - synology

with

network_mode: service:vpn
Thus giving the container 2 network connections.
As well as telling the container this is in that synology network is internal only?
Or am I just trying to over complicate things?

Looks like you found a blindspot in the documentation.

Honestly, I would expect it to not work, as network_mode is a general setting that affects all veth interferfaces of the networks the service is member of.

Though, did you take your idea to a spindrive?

Thus giving the container 2 network connections.
I missed to adress that topic: as far as I am aware there is no limitation when it commes to the number of networks a container can be connected to. If I remember right the max number of networks I had to connect a container to was 3 or 4 (overlay/bridge) networks. Though, I am afraid any explicitly set network_mode (other than bridge) will spoil the experience.

@one-eyed-king There is also the issue (as far as I'm aware) of (for want of a better term) mixed mode networking, as in specifying a network AND setting network mode to a service. I was also wondering about blocking these containers from having internet access on the specified network, when other devices would have access.
I'm probably trying to over complicate things. LoL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.