multiple vlans on DS216+II

Currently reading
multiple vlans on DS216+II

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 23.17.43.png

so I succeded in doing it ^^ . The main goal is to make the NAS available on 2 vlan with its own IP on each while not being available in other networks..

I have to vlan (1 & 3) did the following:

1. In the Parameters/network, I edited the interface and enabled the vlan ID:

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 23.20.13.png

2. On the Unifi Switch I created a profile that switch both tags to the port where the NAS is plugged

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 23.23.26.png

3. Then I connected to the NAS using SSH and copied the script corresponding to the interface I created:

Code:
cp  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.1 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.3

4. edit ifcfg-eth0.3 with the correct settings:

Code:
DEVICE=eth0.3
VLAN_ROW_DEVICE=eth0
VLAN_ID=3
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPV6INIT=auto
IPADDR=192.168.10.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

5. reboot the code and normally you will have the nas available for both vlan

Hope it can help.

if you will use one of the NAS port for VLAN w/o connection of the NAS to WAN, you can set the MTU to higher value than 1500, but you have to synchronize this value at other side (laptop, ...). Then you will get better speed.

if you will use one of the NAS port for VLAN w/o connection of the NAS to WAN, you can set the MTU to higher value than 1500, but you have to synchronize this value at other side (laptop, ...). Then you will get better speed.
that's a good trick. I may use that with the other nas I replaced that will come today instead of bonding.

Here it's more to have the nas available on a Home network + The main ;network i am using for business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.