My containers don't want to talk to each other. What am I missing?

Currently reading
My containers don't want to talk to each other. What am I missing?

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've been working on getting PhotoPrism and Paperless up and running with my brother in law for the last couple weeks off and on. My BIL is a sharp dude who works with containers and docker for a living. We cannot get PhotoPrism to talk to MariaDB and we cannot get Paperless to talk to Redis. He has taken the docker-compose files from my NAS and tried them on his own non-synology environment and they are working fine. Are we missing some sort of Synology firewall setting or something that is blocking communication from the app container to the database containers? Is there any way my ubiquiti firewall is somehow blocking communication?

Solution
Turn off the firewall and try. If it works, then all you need to do is add an “allow” for that particular subnet.
Probably unrelated, but my Docker bridge network corrupted a day or so ago, so containers that used to address one another are badly broken. I'm getting concerned that Synology is giving us "silent" update patches which are futzing with everything.

Upvote 0
Probably unrelated, but my Docker bridge network corrupted a day or so ago, so containers that used to address one another are badly broken. I'm getting concerned that Synology is giving us "silent" update patches which are futzing with everything.
Your probable problem is IPTables being messed up. 99% sure we are not getting silent updates.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.