Mysterious Occasional Internet Outage--unless accessed via VPN

Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
My Synology router setup has been largely flawless. I run a RT2600ac with a wired MR2200ac. Twice now, the internet stops working one morning. It will not work until I reboot. This said, if I use a VPN on my Mac, the internet works. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this intermittent problem? Thanks.

Let's not complicate with VPN atm, but if your WAN access is not working, then not sure how a VPN would work as well.

So, regarding your problem with net access that stops working. Have you tried to access the router(s) at that point? Are they accessible and only net access is the problem? Are they in a "mesh" configuration? Any recent updates/changes (SRM, ISP changes, etc)?

How does your setup with your ISP looks like? Directly connecting from your Syno routers to your ISP, or your have an ISP device as well? Also, what ISP are you using?

Try and give as much info as possible as maybe there are users here with your setup/ISP combo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.