NAS access to WYZE cam V3

Currently reading
NAS access to WYZE cam V3

Not sure if anyone can help on CAM connection, I bought a RING cam but it would not connect to my Synology DS218+, they seemed to fix it to their own cloud service, so I then bought a WYZE cam v3 but again there work around is called RTPS which is no longer supported by WYZE and another worker around is Synology Docker bridge which I tried but again could not get it working, any ideas? or suggestions on trying another CAM. I originally had a Samsung cam years ago which worked just fine but they no longer supported the model I had.

Last edited:
I had to use ONVIF interface with 2x Ali Express cameras.
The ONVIF interface worked far better than camera specific software did! Let SS determine motion detection…
I use DS FILE to access files after record, and DS CAM to access live video.

PS: though I had set cameras to be NTSC, camera consistently outputs 25 frame video other than 30fps. That was just one of the settings in cameras that changed on it’s own. Time changes were not always consistent, either. And an occasional change to H265+ from H264. I had to set SS for 25fps in order for video to be saved after motion detect.

So you’re not alone in pulling hair out on cameras. I could not find a camera with 16MM lens except Ali Express after my 16MM Hikvision cam died.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.