Operating system
  1. macOS
Last edited:
Usage type: small biz

Preferred form factor DS (DiskStation)

Number of bays: /

Do you have any existing drives that you plan on using? No

Prefered RAID array setup for this NAS: /

This NAS will be used for: multimedia, utilities (docker, VPN, reverse proxy, web hosting, etc.)

Max budget for this setup: 1400 USD

Number of users that will utilize this NAS: 2

Any preferred network connectivity? 2.5G

Where will this NAS be used: LAN and over the Internet

Any special network requirements: /

Special cloud provider connectivity: /
-- post merged: --

Synology enclosure options are overwhelming please counsel - Hello, new to this forum. Didn't quite grasp the form. Let me fill in some. I previously owned a production / post facility all rack mounted so desktop is a new thing to me and quit would be nice so some advice on drives appreciated. Illness forced retirement. Beat illness, can't handle retirement. So I need a 5 plus bay system (room to add). My work is photo (fashion/beauty), digital art (taking IRL work into the digital) and film (actual motion picture xfer) and video - so large files. Some clients are returning, some new - would like to offer protected access to them with out the awkward Dropbox / Creative Cloud links. I back up work 3-2-1. OS X 11.3.1. Creatively I use CC suite, FCXP/Motion. I've noticed you are a passionate lot (reddit / nascompares I'm looking at you)- and used enclosures come up frequently, I'm ok with that too - Cheers, c4mb0rg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.