NAS and SharePoint auto update

NAS
DS218J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi

I'm currently running a DS220J (RAID 1) for business files, working from home. I mostly need to access the drive when I'm working from home, but now finding I need to access documents when working form site remotely, plus I need some form of off site backup/recovery. I do try to use the quick connect service but frustrates me that you have to download the docs to work on them. Where as I have SharePoint via our office 365 service and find this much better when working remote as you can work on the document and it has autosave as well as version control. Ideally I am after a hybrid of both and didn't know if this is possible by some sort of auto sync function, or if I can essentially make the Synology NAS work like SharePoint, and just use SharePoint as a cloud back up?

The documents only tend to be word, excel and PDF, with some larger PDF drawings (2-5Mb).
The size currently stored is only around 30Gb, likely to not grow beyond 100Gb for at least 3 years.

TIA
Craig

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.