Currently reading
NAS-based tool for detailed network traffic monitoring

NAS
Synology DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am looking for a (Synology-based) tool (package?) that would allow me to precisely monitor in- and outgoing network traffic from and to the NAS. I would, for instance, like to know how much traffic is going in and out right now for the individual packages installed.

Do you know of any such tool?

Thanks!

Good question. I will follow this thread to see if anyone comes up with something.

Last edited:
I am looking for a (Synology-based) tool (package?) that would allow me to precisely monitor in- and outgoing network traffic from and to the NAS. I would, for instance, like to know how much traffic is going in and out right now for the individual packages installed.

Do you know of any such tool?

Thanks!

answer:
-- post merged: --

here is the official site of the Ntop project:

and the product deployed (described above) by the container:

OFC it's a Community version (free), but you can purchase a Product Key to unlock more features when you need some of them (no need).

answer:

here is the official site of the Ntop project:

and the product deployed (described above) by the container:

OFC it's a Community version (free), but you can purchase a Product Key to unlock more features when you need some of them (no need).
Installed NTOP as per Marius Bogdan's instructions. It works and does indeed seem to offer a ton of options. However, it also seems to take quite some memory and CPU%. For now, I have stopped the container, but will have a look at it at some later date.

Each Syno package has defined default port(s) for a communication

then you can define filters to capture this communication at the packet level also

rest of them you can get by iptables or capture by tcpdump = then you can upgrade your filters in the Ntopng

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.