NAS doesn't boots up.

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

Today I did some cleaning in my room. As I wanted to clean up near wires area around ups I decided as a precaution turn my NAS off via hardware (button on/off).
After all cleaning done I turned my NAS back on again and then this: nothing happens, NAS remains off, no lighths at all. Checked electrical cables if all were connected.
Everything was ok, but seems NAS is now dead.

I have no clues what went wrong. Power supply green light is lit.
  • Does power supply feeds the right voltage? (really don't know how to test a four-pin connector).
  • Is motherboard dead?

Appreciate any clues what could be the next step.

NAS DS918

Failure of the DS918+ power supply is overly common. Simplest check is to swap out with a friends unit (a DS920+ will work too).
See comments - works with a DS918+).

Upvote 0
Failure of the DS918+ power supply is overly common. Simplest check is to swap out with a friends unit (a DS920+ will work too).
Thanks. I'll give a try. Let you know about the results next week.

Upvote 0
Bad news: bought the appropriate supply for the NAS and it didn't work!
Now I ask myself what comes next? Buying a new NAS or is a replacement of the MB possible?
In case of a new NAS acquisition is the HD data automatically recognizable by the new NAS model? What do I have to pay attention to?

Thanks

Upvote 0
In case of a new NAS acquisition is the HD data automatically recognizable by the new NAS model? What do I have to pay attention to?

As long as you put the HDDs in the same order into the new NAS, the migration should be relatively straightforward.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.