Currently reading
DSM 7.1 NAS Hyper-Backup Rsync to Windows PC/File Server

NAS
DS224+, RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am currently using Hyper backup to make rsync backups to a windows 10 computer acting as a file server. For some reason the job continues to lock up the computer when it runs and needs manual onsite intervention to force re-boot it. The rsync program that is being used is DeltaCopy v1.4. This appears to be extremely old (last released November 2009) and I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it locking up.

My question here is, is anyone else using HB to a windows computer using the rsync method? If so, how are you doing it? Maybe there's a better way then DeltaCopy, although this has been extremely successful for us.

This process is a secondary backup for us, which provides us with a local copy onsite. We also use a HB to another HB NAS at a remote location. The aforementioned process is just so that we have a local copy onsite for quick restores.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.