NAS Compares NAS Media Server vs Streaming Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Hulu, HBO - Which Should You Choose?

Currently reading
NAS Compares NAS Media Server vs Streaming Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Hulu, HBO - Which Should You Choose?

Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel!

Check out our next video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NAS Compares Video

- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Umm, and if you don’t use any of those streaming services? I guess it’s NAS with your own media?
That's exactly what he was saying. He showed the cost differences in streaming vs buying and storing your own content. Streaming won out cost wise, but with caveats such as limited time availability, poor content quality, etc. In the end, it boils down to personal expectations and desires. I only have Prime video that I get as a Prime member, there may or may not be a more expensive version. I rarely use it. Using Kodi add-ons, I have youtube streaming and PlutoTV as well as all my own audio/video content. SamsungTV also came with my new tv and we have an OTA antenna. We have more entertainment than we know what to do with. I saw the other day on the news that many Americans are dropping streaming services so they can afford food and fuel. If that trend continues, streaming may just disappear without a customer base, along with many other businesses.

You brought up an interesting point about the cost comparison between streaming and owning your media. It's true, there are pros and cons to both. And you're spot on about the potential impact of economic factors on streaming subscriptions. It's a reality that many are facing tough choices these days. Speaking of streaming, did you know there are even ways to make a little extra cash from it?

The newest annoying wrinkle for paid for streaming services are advertisement based tiers. I find it unacceptable. I'm alread paying for the service, why am I having to pay more for no ads? I read an article today that AMZ prime also removed Dolby Vision and Atmos from the standard prime subscription, demanding more $ to get it back.

I'm a big fan of owning my content. Kodi rocks.

Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel!

Check out our next video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NAS Compares Video

- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

After years of streaming, I decided to cancel all subscriptions and download only demanded movies and TV shows using Synology Download Manager. It's a WIN decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.