NAS not accessible repeatedly

Currently reading
NAS not accessible repeatedly

In this case I don't need it.
Only working within the house.
I still couldn't set my router to connect the Nas on a static assign IP.

Which is why I was saying to make sure you have a static IP assigned for the NAS. To do this you have to reserve that IP address in the router's DHCP feature, or use an IP that is within you home LAN subnet (A.B.C.0 to A.B.C.255) but outside the bit of that subnet that is used by the router's DHCP feature.

I thought it's the virtual server feature but it request ports.

If you have used a static IP on the NAS, are you sure that IP isn't being assigned by the router to another device? That was what I was suggesting you check.

I've not heard of your router so don't know how to work it, but looking at the manual you linked to then I would start by check the DHCP feature.

When you next have this problem you could use Windows cmd.exe to run arp -a so you can see the MAC address of of the device that currently has the IP address you assigned to the NAS. Also you can see if the NAS's MAC is associated with another IP address.

I still couldn't set my router to connect the Nas on a static assign IP.
I believe this is how that is managed with your router...

zsrUWbn.png

1. Enter the MAC address of your NAS Ethernet connection (there is a unique value for each Ethernet port). For example, 00:25:96:FF:FE:12:34:56
2. Enter the desired IP address... consistent with your router's IP range. For example, 192.168.1.99

The OEM download for your router's manual is here

I believe this is how that is managed with your router...

zsrUWbn.png

1. Enter the MAC address of your NAS Ethernet connection (there is a unique value for each Ethernet port). For example, 00:25:96:FF:FE:12:34:56
2. Enter the desired IP address... consistent with your router's IP range. For example, 192.168.1.99

The OEM download for your router's manual is here
thank you so much, I did just that but the NAS stay in the old random ip adress.
i have reset it and it is still on the old ip.

no, it still using a different ip address than what I set on the router.
the NAS is set to automatically get a dhcp server, so I think the problem is the router.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.