NAS
DS1815+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,

I would like to back up the data from one Synology to another one using a USB 3 cable. Is that possible?
I'm unable to HyberBackup to both machines on the same network, so I'm desperate to backup the data somehow.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Rusty,

I've tried HyperBackup "Remote NAS" and I can't get past the first setup window.

Thanks

you need to setup a shared folder on the NAS you want to backup to, and then mount it on the NAS you want to backup from. Once properly mounted Hyperbackup can be used accordingly.

If you want "live" file copies on the destination NAS it is much easier to run Shared Folder Sync from the source NAS to copy files over from one NAS to the other. Hyper Backup is slow and can be unwieldy. Shared Folder Sync is basically pure rsync.

But if you want versioned backups, Hyper Backup running on the source NAS along with Hyper Backup Vault running on the destination NAS will handle that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.