Ds214se
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Good morning folks,

I currently own a ds214se, and I think it’s time to upgrade my nas, it seems slow and very unresponsive these days, and it seems a bit of a mine field out there!

I don’t use plex as I never liked it!

I mainly use it for downloading and backing up my data!

I am just wanting someone that has plenty of power and is responsive, I like dsm and I have been very reluctant to switch to another brand,

I was looking at the ds220+ but that seems a few years old,

Then I looked at the 723 and the 923, but not sure about what to get to be honest,

What are people recommendations on the best over all bang for buck!

Are we due any new products in the next few months that I would be better holding off for?

I’m just a bit worried that I upgrade and I’m underwhelmed with performance!

All opinions welcome!

Then I looked at the 723 and the 923, but not sure about what to get to be honest,
Well those are very good models for your need, but if you are considering still going for a cheaper plus model, you could wait a few more months as DS224+ (yes 4 not 3) will be coming out in the second half of this year as a new updated model to the DS220+.

Back to 723 and 923, depending on your needs in terms of space, you can go for the 4bay one, but if 2 bays are enough, the 723 is the identical model, and more then capable. Also it has 10G optional port, so expanding in the future will be an added bonus.

Thank you guys, I think I’ll wait for the ds224+, see what it has to offer, I think although it’s a good purchase the ds220+, I don’t think it’s wise being a good bit older

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.