Need help with Hyper Backup - At a complete loss

Currently reading
Need help with Hyper Backup - At a complete loss

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have a DS1621xs+ on 192.168.1.10 & a DS918+ on 192.168.1.11 on my local network. I want to backup the DS1621xs+ to the DS918+ with Hyper Backup (this is what I understand to be the preferred way).
I open Hyper Backup in the source machine, select Network LUN Backup (Synology server), n the backup destination I provide the IP address & my credentials & receive the following:

1663958575691.png

I have gone through the various checks outlined in the message for the destination server. They appear to be in order. I am at loss on how to proceed.
Please help.

I have a DS1621xs+ on 192.168.1.10 & a DS918+ on 192.168.1.11 on my local network. I want to backup the DS1621xs+ to the DS918+ with Hyper Backup (this is what I understand to be the preferred way).
I open Hyper Backup in the source machine, select Network LUN Backup (Synology server), n the backup destination I provide the IP address & my credentials & receive the following:

View attachment 10809

I have gone through the various checks outlined in the message for the destination server. They appear to be in order. I am at loss on how to proceed.
Please help.
Select Data Backup Task, not LUN.

Upvote 0
I'm almost certain that your problem is that on the "Backup Destination Settings" page you are typing in the IP address instead of selecting the backup target from the dropdown list. You likely have your NAS's set to get IP addresses dynamically, so they're frequently changing. Press the little downward facing arrow, let the window populate, and then pick the target server by name.

Upvote 0
Yes, same case but I figured it out! I typed the IP address instead of selecting from the drop down. Enabled hyper backup vault on the source NAS and somehow it worked. Meaning, the backup task started.
Not a happy ending as it died in the middle of it after 6hours! Not much info on the why. Trying to figure that out now. Logs point to system running out of memory. Tried smaller tasks but the restore part of the configuration makes no sense as it wants to replace the admin account with random users from the source NAS. Any clues?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.