Currently reading
Need help with permissions

NAS
DS-718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'm really struggling here. I'm decommissioning a computer and want to copy a user's folder from user directory to my NAS as a 90% solution to retaining the files that they want to. Here's what my personal permissions look like:

1595801306361.png

I have drag and drop enabled, yet, whenever I try to drag the user folder named for the user to my "public" folder, it doesn't allow me to do so. I've even tried using the administrator credentials and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

CheapDad

What's your source in this case? Are you logged on your computer and in a window you have opened up DSM file station and then you are dragging files?

Have you tried to log in as Dana and then use File Station to upload the files using the upload button? Is there any difference?

What's your source in this case?
c:\users\user's name

Are you logged on your computer and in a window you have opened up DSM file station and then you are dragging files?
Yes

Have you tried to log in as Dana and then use File Station to upload the files using the upload button? Is there any difference?

Yes, no difference.

The only thing I am wondering is whether it matters that I'm trying to copy/upload a folder of folders.

UPDATE: I just tried connecting to the NAS through network. It brought up the login screen, but after login, took me to a windows explorer view of the NAS. (Not DSM.) Through windows explorer, I was able to make the transfer. I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.