need more capacity

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi, I'm also a newbie,
I have a DS218+ with 2 2.7 TB disks. The volume is at 97% so I need more space. Can I replace one disk with a 4 TB drive or must I replace both disks?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you share some screenshots of Storage Manager, just to confirm how the storage is configured. As an example here's my DS218+ showing its two drives are configured as SHR-1. If you have a similar setup then you can upgrade the storage using disk of the same or greater size. To realise the increased storage capacity you have to replace both drives.

Replace Drives to Expand Storage Capacity

1619102142942.png

1619102172829.png

Upvote 0
Again, welcome to the forum!

In addition to the above please add detail such as the usage, if it is your only NAS and if you have a full backup of the NAS.

This is important on a 2-bay as expansion or rebuilds are notoriously fickle at the best of times and you have less options than on a bigger units. There are suggestions in all cases to mitigate the risks so your wider environment may help or need more careful upgrade planning.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies.
I guess I need to replace both disks

Attachments

• storage manager 1.jpg
    storage manager 1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 11
  • storage manager 2.jpg
    storage manager 2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 10
  • storage manager 3.jpg
    storage manager 3.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.