Solved Netdata docker container custom dashboard

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'm using the netdata/netdata container and it's working just fine. However, I am trying to figure out where to store a custom-dashboard.html at. The documentation says it's on /usr/share/netdata/web but such directory does not exist on the NAS.

Container image

My goal is to be able to integrate my custom dashboard into Organizr. I had this working before using the linuxserver/letsencrypt container which has all the directories accessible from the /config mount following this tutorial.

Welcome to the forum.

As you can see from the link you have posted, it stats that you need to use docker exec -it ... and that means that after you have your netdata container running, you need to interactively connect to it and then go to the location that you specified (/usr/share/netdata/web

So the dashboard.html, along with all the rest of CSS and JS scrip files are not on the NAS but inside netdata conteiner.

You can get to it in a few ways. One is to use the Terminal tab in Synology Docker UI using DSM, another is to SSH into your NAS and then as sudo elevate your credentials and connect to the container with docker exec command.

As you can see from the image below, the needed data is inside the container.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 13.26.24.png

So the location in the terminal is /usr/share/netdata/web and the ls command lists the content of the folder.

Rusty,

Thank you very much for your reply. That makes perfect sense and I totally forgot that detail from the tutorial. I just uploaded the custom.html to that location and it works as intended. A couple more questions.

1. Does this mean that if I update the image, the change will be removed and I will have to re add the file?

2. I don't see any files being created in the volumes created by the container. Are they even necessary?
-v /proc:/host/proc:ro \
-v /sys:/host/sys:ro \
-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro \

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.