Network Drive Specified Is Currently Mapped

Currently reading
Network Drive Specified Is Currently Mapped

NAS
DS218
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have a Synology DS218 NAS drive. My setup is a Surface laptop with Windows 10.

I want to map the NAS folders as drives to Windows, so as to access them in Explorer. I have mapped these locations before, and populated them via Windows, all working fine - at that point.

I lost the connection one time after a power off. Whilst I have been able to re-map a couple of the folders, I am struggling with the others. When I try to map them I get a message that says ...
The network drive specified is currently mapped using a different username and password. To connect using a different username and password, first disconnect any mappings to this network drive.

I have already disconnected those failed mappings and there is no connection that I can see in Windows (I only see the 2 mappings to the NAS that I have setup anew and which work fine in Windows).

I have Googled this, but found nothing helpful, so I just wonder if anyone has insight into this problem.

TIA

this is a well known windows issue. Try clearing the credentials in Windows first.
If that does not work, on this forum you can find some posts on the topic with command line ip flush etc.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.