Neverending DSM restarting

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

has anyone ever experienced a DSM restarting process that took half hour to complete (or more, since I'm writing this my DSM is still ongoing with no end in sight).

What is going on? Is this certainly uncommon?. Should I expect some kind of disaster? Is it save to terminate it with a cold boot?

Any idea will be appreciated.

1623872656611.gif

Hi everyone,

has anyone ever experienced a DSM restarting process that took half hour to complete (or more, since I'm writing this my DSM is still ongoing with no end in sight).

What is going on? Is this certainly uncommon?. Should I expect some kind of disaster? Is it save to terminate it with a cold boot?

Any idea will be appreciated.

View attachment 3818
Try and ping the nas via command line. Is the device responding?

Upvote 0
Nothing else to do but to reboot it by hand.
Alright, I did the reboot and all went well. Now plex works again as it should. This was the only reason why I wanted to reboot the nas in the first place.
But curiously ping returns me the same result as when the nas was unresponsive. Maybe is the command written wrong?

Code:
ping 192.168.1.76

Upvote 0
So... you need to work your way through the system... disable NAS firewall; check "auto-block"; remove static routing, if used; confirm the router isn't blocking ping (ping other network device).
Disabling NAS firewall alone was suffice. I had forgotten about firewall, it did its job :) Now pinging works!
Just to know, where auto-block can be found?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.