New drive degraded

Currently reading
New drive degraded

NAS
DS216
I have a DS 216, few days ago my drive 1 was degraded. I was surprised because I already changed it few months ago. But fine I changed it again by an iron wolf. Now my new drive is degraded again. Is it possible it does not come from the drive ? What should I do ?

Last edited:
I’d suggest taking one of the removed drives to another computer and run drive mfg test software on it. That will answer multiple questions at once. I had similar occurrence with 215J. Ended up being bad drives. (Both of originals, and the Warranty replacement)...
New drives have worked fine, by the way...

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

You've shown no information that disproves that this is a counterfeit drive. Although it does seem silly...
Replies
Views
Everytime I log into DSM my NAS-connected USB-drives wake up from sleep, even if I'm not in filestation...
Replies
Views
You can still access Smart data on your drives. Not via direct login connect as you tried, but still can...
Replies
Views
I think I'm trying to ask how is the Drive desktop agent 'safe'. I know how VPN works and why to use it. I...
Replies
Views
There are tools in the synology app store that you can setup to backup to an AWS S3. Back it up to there...
Replies
Views
To avoid two-way sync corruption in the docker folder, I just created folders for each NAS under the...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back