New NAS, New Drives - New Issues (DS920+ | WD Red Plus 8tb x2)

Currently reading
New NAS, New Drives - New Issues (DS920+ | WD Red Plus 8tb x2)

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,
I was hoping to just get some confirmation or a path ahead.
I just got my new 920+ NAS, along side 2 WD Red Plus 8TB disks.

I plugged them in, booted up, started setup - And got the "Failed to format drive (35)" error.
Tried an old slim laptop disk and setup went smooth, so i plugged the two NAS Drives in, but could not create a storagepool "Requirements Status not fulfilled" (They just state "Uninitialized"

Plugged the drives into my Windows PC, directly through SATA - They do not show up in Disk Managment, or other partition tools, however i can find them in "WD Dashboard" app, just not do anything with them or gain any information on them (Not even try a secure erase, as it states "HDD Locked with password in BIOS"

Talked to WD on the phone - they do not lock anything, and i do not have an option in BIOS to unlock.

Soooo.... Are these drives Dead on Arrival? or are there something i have not yet tried?

along side 2 WD Red Plus 8TB disks.
Hopefully some of these?

It could be a compatibility issue, but considering what you wrote, I would return them and get a new pair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.