New Quickconnect Account or re-use existing one.

Currently reading
New Quickconnect Account or re-use existing one.

NAS
DS213J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
As I'm upgrading from 213J to 920+ I wonder should I use my exisisting quickconnect account or create a new one? I'll be wiping the disks and starting clean then restore data from backup after new setup. And, how / where do I change / update the password for the quickconnect account? I like to change passwords periodically.

Also, if down the line I get a 2nd NAS for backup or to separate business from personal, do you need separate quick connect accounts for each? Or does one account cover multiple diskstations. What are the best practices for this?

Last edited:
This way I can get to any device when away from home.

Was gonna post this before, but we’ve been visited by Mom & 3 bear cubs, multiple times today and we keep getting ‘distracted’ !!

(Now that things have cooled down….)
I also decided to change each device to different oddball port numbers also.

I do not forward any ports in router, yet I can access any device via QC. Each with different QC & different port #’s, from pretty much anywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.