New SSD has degraded during night

Currently reading
New SSD has degraded during night

Depending on your current raid array config if you remove another drive your volume will crash it will no longer be degraded.

So what I said was if your volume is still not filled with data just delete the volume first and then shuffle the drives.

If you have data, back it up then delete the volume and shuffle the drives.
I deleted the Volume and swapped disk 4 and disk 3 to see if the problem is the slot in the NAS in bay 4 or if it's the SSD (as the support suggested). I am now repairing the Storage Poll and the SSD's are all Healthy.

Do you think, if it was a problem in the DSM installation, that deleting a creating the volume again could fix that? Where is actually DMS installed? It's not in HDD/SSD? It is somehow possible to reinstall it?

I deleted the Volume and swapped disk 4 and disk 3 to see if the problem is the slot in the NAS in bay 4 or if it's the SSD (as the support suggested). I am now repairing the Storage Poll and the SSD's are all Healthy.

Do you think, if it was a problem in the DSM installation, that deleting a creating the volume again could fix that? Where is actually DMS installed? It's not in HDD/SSD? It is somehow possible to reinstall it?
DSM is installed on each drive in the array on a partition that is not visible to you from the user side. You can reinstall DSM after you have setup the drives in the order you want by using the reset button on the back and initiate a factory reset. Then you will be able to install DSM "fresh".

If it is DSM problem this might help yes, but then again not sure what would be a problem with a fresh install, to begin with. My money is still on the drive, and then on the NAS itself (SATA port or something specific). Ofc, it could be a DSM as well, but then again, why only that drive, twice?

@aGraphicz I have a question that's not completely related but am curious if you have ever used or considered using RAID F1 in your array? I've never built multi-disk arrays with SSDs but am considering this format with the new unit I recently purchased.

@aGraphicz I have a question that's not completely related but am curious if you have ever used or considered using RAID F1 in your array? I've never built multi-disk arrays with SSDs but am considering this format with the new unit I recently purchased.

no way
the F1 is available only for limited NAS models - xs, SA, FS, UC
logically, it’s need power from CPU

and this guy has DS920+ only

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.