New UPS?

Currently reading
New UPS?

It was a way to configure the UPS, similar to how you noted that Powerchute for accessing settings is only PC. After that I shutdown the VM and plug the UPS into the NAS.

I do have a PC workstation handy that if I get a longer USB cable I can connect to the UPS, that might be easier. If I do go that route what settings would you recommend I change on the UPS?

Just make sure you go to your synology NAS' product page on Synology, and double check the cyberpower compatible model #'s

The UPS I was going to go with was the Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD-UK. It is not on the Synology compatible list as far as I can see. However I did ask Cyberpower and they state it is compatible. Plus it's used by Marius Bogdan Lixandru, so I think it shoudl be okay...... ?

what settings would you recommend I change on the UPS?
You can adjust the sensitivity and voltage triggers, but really the only setting I've found useful is to turn off the audible alert: if the inside lights/radio/etc aren't working I think I can work out that there's a power cut.

With Powerchute you can check how long it predicts to run based on current loading and see if that corresponds to the DSM calculated info.

from my side each UPS what can communicate with universal usbhid-ups drive are able support each Syno NASes
Reason:
SYNO uses in DSM a general usbhid-ups driver (MIB) for all well known UPS vendors (USB/NIC connection)

here is a list of them:
when some will use my script, then no troubles there, because NUT is integrated into DSM directly
what is better, the DB isn't complete, because my enterprise LeGrand Danker DK+ isn't listed there, but works perfect

Last edited:
You can adjust the sensitivity and voltage triggers, but really the only setting I've found useful is to turn off the audible alert: if the inside lights/radio/etc aren't working I think I can work out that there's a power cut.

With Powerchute you can check how long it predicts to run based on current loading and see if that corresponds to the DSM calculated info.
That does not bother me so I'll leave it as it is :)
from my side each UPS what can communicate with universal usbhid-ups drive are able support each Syno NASes
Reason:
SYNO uses in DSM a general usbhid-ups driver (MIB) for all well known UPS vendors (USB/NIC connection)

here is a list of them:

when some will use my script, then no troubles there, because NUT is integrated into DSM directly
what is better, the DB isn't complete, because my enterprise LeGrand Danker DK+ isn't listed there, but works perfect
Hmm the Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD-UK is not on that list, so do I avoid buying it then?

Last edited:
D3FDA0C9-CA82-40EE-B4AB-41D0C355CB9D.jpeg

-- post merged: --

it’s same model, no difference, except outlet types:

CP1500EPFCLCD has modifications based on outlet types for EU (Schuko)

then you have UK outlet types:
CP1500EPFCLCD-UK

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.