User introduction New user with Synology DS920+

Currently reading
User introduction New user with Synology DS920+

Hello everyone! My name is Frizera.
After many years of faithful service, I decided to retire mine Nas4free 4x3TB home use server, which I assembled myself and put in a box Cooler Master with 2 fans. It is too weak anymore and I was never able to use remote connectivity with my files saved on it. I expect a new one to arrive at any moment DS920+ with 2x10TB IronWolf HDD at first. In the future I will add two more discs and I hope their prices will calm down a bit. I will also add memory and one cache disk for now. I have a great desire to transfer all the information to the new server and now I will spend some time looking for information here in this great forum to find out how best to approach. My questions are thousands because Synology has been in my field of vision for a long time, but now is the time to touch this system into reality. I hope to be able to understand the logic in the initial setup methods and not have to do a second or third installation from scratch. Last but not least, I apologize if I ask stupid questions because I don't understand much of this subject, and if I write incoherently it's because English is not my native language. I try as hard as I can .... ;)
Thank you all for your attention and understanding!
Be very healthy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the greetings! Would you suggest any reading for beginners?

I apologize for the error!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.