1. iOS
NAS: DS214play running DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

Hi there,
Over the past couple of days I’ve installed the following apps:

SABnzbd
Sonarr
Radarr
Plex Media Server
Mono & Python 3.8 (mandatory installs as part of some of the above)

All apps seem to have configured and connected to their relevant folders/feeds via API’s etc.
I started with testing Sonarr first and was successful in downloading a tv series to my root folder that showed up in Plex added the app to my smart TV and all looked great.
This is where the problems began:

1. Via Sonarr I successfully downloaded 2 more tv series that I can confirm are residing in the same root folder as the first one however this is no ,longer being picked up by Plex.
    When I opened Plex on the DS214play a message at the to said it had a new update 1.25 (think) I tried clicking on update but it did nothing but download this file to my mac [PlexMediaServer-1.25.0.5282-2edd3c44d-x86_DSM6.spk]
    I tried clicking to ‘ignore this version’ but this still did not resolve the issue however I no longer get the update notification.

a) Is this why Plex is no longer recognising any more tv series?
    b) how do i install this .spk file on the DS214play

2. Via Radarr I'd selected a movie to be downloaded however there seems to be a couple system issues that I think maybe restricting it to download.
    There are 2 system errors: (screenshot)

(red) The current operating system is 32 bit, this will not be supported in the next release of Radarr.
    (amber) Download client SABnzbd places downloads in the root folder /volume1/Mymovies/Complete/Movies. You should not download to a root folder.

a) If Radarr will soon no longer work on my DS214play, is there an alternative app that I can use or will it mean upgrading my DS214play to a 64bit unit? if so, any recommendations?

b) The problem with the folder residing on the root folder, how is this resolved as this is the only place i’m permitted to create a shared folder?

I wonder if all my issues would be resolved if i were to upgrade my DS214play, but I’d rather find a much better cheaper solution.

All comments will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Radarr.jpg
    Radarr.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 27
Is this why Plex is no longer recognising any more tv series?
No, this is not related to it. Its probably a permission issues on the files that Plex reads from the folder structure. Be sure to check the tv series have appropriate permissions by Plex to be detected.

how do i install this .spk file on the DS214play
Using Manual Install button inside Package Center

1. (red) The current operating system is 32 bit, this will not be supported in the next release of Radarr.
    (amber) Download client SABnzbd places downloads in the root folder /volume1/Mymovies/Complete/Movies. You should not download to a root folder.

a) If Radarr will soon no longer work on my DS214play, is there an alternative app that I can use or will it mean upgrading my DS214play to a 64bit unit? if so, any recommendations?

b) The problem with the folder residing on the root folder, how is this resolved as this is the only place i’m permitted to create a shared folder?
These are all suggestions. The problem is that radarr nowadays is mostly deployed via Docker and dev for your type of CPU is deprecated. Regarding volume/folder location just ignore it.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
No, this is not related to it. Its probably a permission issues on the files that Plex reads from the folder structure. Be sure to check the tv series have appropriate permissions by Plex to be detected.

Using Manual Install button inside Package Center

These are all suggestions. The problem is that radarr nowadays is mostly deployed via Docker and dev for your type of CPU is deprecated. Regarding volume/folder location just ignore it.

Hi Rusty,
Thanks for the replies.

1) In regards to the Plex permissions, i've checked them and it seemed to work fine for the first download now showing via Plex?
2) Didn't realise there was a manual install button so will try this (thanks)
3) I will ignore the other messages and uninstall Radarr and reinstall via Docker (thanks again)
-- post merged: --

Quick update,
Manual install fixed the Plex issue

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.