Newbie here looking for advice

Currently reading
Newbie here looking for advice

NAS
DS410, DS418j, DS1817
Hello. I just registered. I have a possible file corruption problem with a DS410 running DSM v4.0 and I would like to ask some questions to see how I can fix it.

What forum should I use?

And also, what are the ground rules for this forum? I searched this forum for some keywords related to my problem but it didn't turn up anything, which I find a little strange.

Thanks.

Hello,

DS410 is pretty old and you won't find many topics about this NAS device on our forum (we exist since 2019).

I searched this forum for some keywords related to my problem but it didn't turn up anything, which I find a little strange.
If you search for 410 then yes, you won't find almost anything. Try with file corruption instead.

Or just ask a question here.

Synoman,
The reason I came here is to see if I could get some advice about fixing a corruption issue on my DS410.

That DS410 is running DSM v4.0, an old version of DSM.

The others (DS418j and DS1817) are running DSM v6.1 and v7.1. Both versions have a "data scrubbing" function that tests for file corruptions and fixes them. They take a while but they do have them.

Not so with the DSM v4.0.

I've tried searching on the official Synology forum for advice but unfortunately, that forum "archived" some older useful-looking posts so I can't access them anymore.

I then tried posting on the r/Synology forum on Reddit. Unfortunately, there's some snarky assholes who think that the best way to help me is to make unhelpful comments about how old the DS410 is. No s**t, I know it's old but I have 7+ TB of data that I want to be able to access again and possibly move to the DS1817.

I'll search the forum first, then if I don't find anything, I will post a question and hope for the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.