Newbie Question, Copying Container file (forget to mount volume)

Currently reading
Newbie Question, Copying Container file (forget to mount volume)

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello Everyone, please help im new on docker and synology.

4 months ago i install SNIPEIT through this tutor on youtube :
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuIieuxSmpw&t=380s
and i just realize i didnt mount volume into my /docker (usually people doing like /docker/snipeit)

volume path.png

how to make it right..

Stop the container, use the Edit button, configure the mount, and start the container back up
will it copy the container file to /docker or flush the config, cause ive done trying it using papermerge, the config i've done is gone after mounting it.

Upvote 0
Oh boy, thanks to a mouse-shortcut of my browser, I just lost a detailed answer to the question.

Good news: the data is still present in an anoymous volume.

If you are lucky, the anonymous volume is still configured in the metadata, which you can find like this:
Code:
sudo docker ps -a
sudo docker inspect {container id or name from previous command} --format '{{ range .Mounts}}{{.Source}}{{end}}'

If it's there, just stop the container and copy the data from the folder you got from docker inspect to your target folder (with sudo) , then use the target folder as volume.

If it's not there, you can find all volume data folders with: sudo docker info --format '{{.DockerRootDir}}'/volumes

Upvote 0
will it copy the container file to /docker or flush the config, cause ive done trying it using papermerge, the config i've done is gone after mounting it.
Well I have been busy today so didn't have time to answer sooner, but @one-eyed-king said it all. So in short if you mount now, you will not get all the data. Copy it, make the mount and move the data to that location.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.