Newbie starting SS and connecting a single Brickcom OB500Ap needs some help with the final connection.

Currently reading
Newbie starting SS and connecting a single Brickcom OB500Ap needs some help with the final connection.

NAS
DS522+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
DS1522+ running on the newest version of 7.1 DSM and Brickcom is on the newest version Fw. 3.2.3.5.6. Succesfully connected in test mode w/ Ip address on port 80, got the little thumbnail pic from the OB500Ap and a green button. Connect in run mode failed after about 45 seconds. Where do I go from here after following all of the failure suggestions?

Is this in LAN or are you trying to get to the feed from the outside? Also any firewall rules targeting and blocking UDP traffic?
Hi Rusty, Thanks for the reply!
This is all internal to my home network. Everything is on one subnet. I have a Reolink DVR and 4K Cams running separately on the same network with no issue. The error message was the standard message with no hints.

Hi Rusty, Thanks for the reply!
This is all internal to my home network. Everything is on one subnet. I have a Reolink DVR and 4K Cams running separately on the same network with no issue. The error message was the standard message with no hints.
Gussing also no firewall of any kind as well?

You are correct, no firewall.

Update: Camera is now recording, But I have lost The high def streaming provided by Brickcom cam browser app. I setup using manual config and it started working. Then I went to view in Brickcom app in my browser and it was showing errors. Previously I ran the cam output using mjpeg. The app mentioned if H.264 run a lower definition. Apparently, but I am not sure why Synology wants to be in the viewer business at all. The app is a little clunky, my thinking is they should record any cams stream format and let the user determine what is best for their instance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.