Currently reading
Solved Nextcloud desktop apps fail to authorise

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I think this is a Nextcloud problem but maybe I can bodge a fix on my install?

Nextcloud up and running via Docker. Does the business via its webpage. Now we want the client apps to sync document to/from/with macOS desktop and iOS iPad/iPhones. Easy, download and install the app. But the app wants authorisation and Nextclould wont play, won't 'grant access'. Here's a thread at the Nextcloud forums which describes the problem. There's something similar at the GitHub

The suggestion is that a Reverse Proxy puts a pox on the whole thing. We know from my difficult install here that my NC has a Reverse Proxy or two and that it appears to need them for my setup.

The Nextcloud forum users think adding
Code:
 overwriteprotocol => "https"
to the config file will help but other say it doesn't.

What are my options? I might try the overwriteprotocol => "https" fix but don't hold out much hope.

Meanwhile, how to fix. Use the ownCloud desktop app. It just asks for a username and password rather than a fancy token and works perfectly with Nextcloud. But that's not the point, I want the NC desktop app!

I could get into this command line business. Despite my doubts, it worked first time.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.51.44.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.