Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'd like to try NextCloud on my NAS. How can I install it?

I don't want to use Docker as I'm not that techie for networking stuff if anything goes wrong.

I guess I can install it via Web Station (with MySQL, Apache).

-----------------------
UPDATE 6. nov 2019:

:)

I'm kinda "scared" of Docker. I'm really not familiar with it. Without your tutorial for Bitwarden I wouldn't know how to install it in Docker :)

Ok... currently downloading image in Docker :)

Hm, ok, when I click on Launch I get pop-up window. So, should I proceed similar as when I installed Bitwarden?

But how to get to NC on my domain, because I get Bitwarden if I point my browser to that domain?

You see? I'm already lost. Told ya :)

Easy there... 1st you will need to give a bit more info then we can help.

So whats the image you are using? Whats your end result you are expecting? Using it in house or over the internet? If so whats the url you are going for and do you have a name that you want to use along side?

So whats the image you are using?
Official one. Docker Hub

Whats your end result you are expecting?
To run NC on my NAS over the internet (first to try it out for calendar, contacts, files, images...)

If so whats the url you are going for and do you have a name that you want to use along side?
I have DDNS domain on synology.me. I'd like to connect to my NC over that domain like I connect it over same domain to my Bitwarden.

I'd like to connect to my NC over that domain like I connect it over same domain to my Bitwarden.
That won’t work. You will need a new name (or subdomain name) for NC that’s not identical to BW. Same host can’t have 2 websites with exact names on the same port. There is to be something different.

Last edited:
So if I add a cert like this:

and xyz is my server name for synology.me I can use xyz2.synology.me for NextCloud only if I create a cert? Fyi, I can create only 1 domain for synology.me.

You will need to recreate your current one with multiple SAN values ( that’s second step in the wizard). Adding a new domain will not work for your current setup
That means I'll need to delete current certificate and create a new one.

Here is a link howto install nc on Synology Docker:
Install NC Synology Docker
That's not a Docker install. It's for Web Station. Not sure if there's a performance or any other difference between Docker and Web Station.

Not sure if there's a performance or any other difference between Docker and Web Station.
Performance, no, better control and containment as well as resilience to DSM updates, yes
That means I'll need to delete current certificate and create a new one.
That is correct

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.