1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

After upgraded NextCloud to last version i see this error message:

Internal Server Error​

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

NextCloud is hosted in Synology NAS v7 and was working great until we updated it.

Log file: LINK

Thanks for help

Have you tried a different browser? I've seen it before where after the upgrade I had to clear cookies to get it to work again. Trying another browser it worked perfectly. Or restarted the container? What do the container logs show?

Hi,

After upgraded NextCloud to last version i see this error message:

Internal Server Error​

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

NextCloud is hosted in Synology NAS v7 and was working great until we updated it.

Log file: LINK

Thanks for help
From what I can see this is hosted on the NAS using WebStation. Looks like the configuration path can't be found. This might be a permission problem.

Well as I said it looks like a potential permissions problem if your file(s) are on the location expected.

Not sure what to tell you apart from check the files that are repointing in the log and if they are there (the configuration file) and if it is present then check the permission on the next cloud folder.

Last edited:
Do you mean bare-metal vs docker or Syno install in general?
Both and yes in general.

Sure it has potential and lots of nice features but still on a Synology I really don’t see the benefits. I have tested it many times over the years both bare-metal and docker, but I always found it to slow on speed.

Well I don't use, but then again, why not?

Of course, everyone is free to use it. Don't get me wrong I'm not against Nextcloud. I think it's a great product just I don't see the benefits of using it on a Synology nas because you already have most of the components by default.

Personally I would only really start using it if I didn't have a Synology and did want to use such a system.

I use it on my Synology as this will most probably be the last one I buy.
I'll most probably build my next NAS from the ground up and as such I need to move away from Synology's "software".

This is the same reason why docker would be the best option forward for any Syno user. With Syno closing down on 3rd party apps, best to have things isolated in case someone wants to move away from this vendor.

you already have most of the components by default
True. Then again, maybe people are used to it, or want to use it in a combination with some other platform... Still, I hear you.

If you search from that error message, you find this github issue: Internal Server Error on every page after upgrade to 14 beta 3. Class 'OCP\\Config' not found · Issue #10657 · nextcloud/server

You might want to give a manual upgrade a try (inside a terminal in the container):
Code:
sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade

Hi,

Can you please help where do i run this command? i tried on Putty and i see this error:
sudo: unknown user: www-data
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.