NO access to plex by vpn.

Currently reading
NO access to plex by vpn.

NAS
Ds918+ Xpenology
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Good morning I have my nas synology running with VPN. I have external access to everything except Plex because I always take the ip of the vpn some solution.
Thank you.

Is this a VPN for incoming or outgoing traffic? Running it as a VPN server to be able to get back to your lan or using it to cover your NAS traffic towards the outside)?

You could try and set the "multiple gateway" setting in Network > Advanced settings (button) on your NAS. This will not work depending on the type of VPN connection you are running with. If it's an outgoing one, then it might help, if it's an incoming one, then use the local IP address once you are connected and it should work just fine (if your VPN subnet has access to your LAN subnet that is).

Then again for some 3rd party VPN providers, it is common to not port forward on their end making access to your services on custom ports hard to reach.

My nas is a vpn client. I have not external access to at least plex.
In my network plex works but outside I have no access.

My nas is a vpn client. I have not external access to at least plex.
In my network plex works but outside I have no access.
Ok try multiple gateway options in this case.

On top of this, you might look into not putting your NAS as a VPN client if you can force VPN protection on a layer/app/service that you need to.

Ok try multiple gateway options in this case.

On top of this, you might look into not putting your NAS as a VPN client if you can force VPN protection on a layer/app/service that you need to.
I have activated the multiple gateways and the second I could use only the vpn spara ds get.
Thank you very much for the help.

Good morning and thanks for the help.
In the end I think I have achieved it with these steps, taken from the Internet.

1. Use Multiple Gateways
  2. lookup DNS
https://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&host=plex.tv&type=A&submit=Resolve 610

1. add routes on gui

33ea2327a90bbe15a7b7dcd5940825c63357154a.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.