"No Audio Output Device is installed." Windows 10 Home 20H2

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hey, absolute newbie here. I got a DS220+ a few days ago and saw that it had a virtual machine manager, and with my old laptop not having the power to run VirtualBox or VMWare well I thought I would run some virtual machines. I got an ISO from Microsoft's site and followed a tutorial to load up the VM, and it worked great up until I noticed I had no audio. Windows says that I don't have an audio output device installed. There is another thread that seems to discuss the same thing, but it talks about VirtIO drivers and using PC hardware for audio, which I don't understand. Is there something I need to install to get audio? Thanks to anyone who comments in advance. :)

1613418686898.png

Edit: After checking device manager, it does seem to be a problem with audio drivers (what a surprise). There isn't an audio driver installed. How do I get one onto my VM? (I've attached an image of device manager)

1613421034184.png

Hey, absolute newbie here. I got a DS220+ a few days ago and saw that it had a virtual machine manager, and with my old laptop not having the power to run VirtualBox or VMWare well I thought I would run some virtual machines. I got an ISO from Microsoft's site and followed a tutorial to load up the VM, and it worked great up until I noticed I had no audio. Windows says that I don't have an audio output device installed. There is another thread that seems to discuss the same thing, but it talks about VirtIO drivers and using PC hardware for audio, which I don't understand. Is there something I need to install to get audio? Thanks to anyone who comments in advance. :)

View attachment 3075

Edit: After checking device manager, it does seem to be a problem with audio drivers (what a surprise). There isn't an audio driver installed. How do I get one onto my VM? (I've attached an image of device manager)

View attachment 3076
Have you downloade the virtio drivers? you can download the ios using the vm wizard while you are setting up the machine.

Follow the article.

Upvote 0
Have you downloade the virtio drivers? you can download the ios using the vm wizard while you are setting up the machine.

Follow the article.

I just reinstalled windows while following the article, but there is still no audio drivers showing, nor audio. :/

Upvote 0
I plugged a CMedia USB Audio interface device into my DS1621+ (DSM7) and tried with DS1520 (DSM 6.2.4-25556). Mounted device via the virtual USB controller in VMM (also tried a Behringer Q502USB mixer plugged into 1621 USB - shows in VUSB as Texas Instruments USB interface) both work (activating Microphone and Speakers) in Windows 10 Pro VM to provide audio playback and recording in the VMM web interface (VMM Connect). Word 2019 and Dragon Naturally Speaking on the Win10 VM works and allows voice dictate using either USB audio inteface. Have not tried with Remote Desktop client.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.