No DL from Download Station

NAS
DS411 II
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
My Download Station is suddenly not downloading anything. It is uploading, but DL is at 0 kb. I can download torrents directly to my computer, so not an ISP issue.
Is there someway to do a port test or similar, to check everything is okay?

Hi
Thanks for answering :)
I've checked port 16881 via the site you suggested, and it says "Open", so should be good.
Yes I have the Synology Firewall enabled. I've tried to turn it off, but no change in the DL state:-(
Really strange..
Also tried un/reinstalling DL station, no change either.
It's downloading with 47KB now, but it usually drops to 0 again after a while.
-- post merged: --

Hi,

Try a tool like you get signal.
Do you have the firewall enabled?
Hi
Thanks for answering :)
I've checked port 16881 via the site you suggested, and it says "Open", so should be good.
Yes I have the Synology Firewall enabled. I've tried to turn it off, but no change in the DL state:-(
Really strange..
Also tried un/reinstalling DL station, no change either.
It's downloading with 47KB now, but it usually drops to 0 again after a while.

Try dloading Ubuntu. It's a torrent file (not a magnet link).

Do you have DHT enabled and the UDP port entered? Can be the same as the TCP port (router port forward should be for both TCP/UDP).

Please disable the firewall for this test.
If the configuration is correct, the dload should saturate your link in less than 30 seconds.

Try dloading Ubuntu. It's a torrent file (not a magnet link).

Do you have DHT enabled and the UDP port entered? Can be the same as the TCP port (router port forward should be for both TCP/UDP).

Please disable the firewall for this test.
If the configuration is correct, the dload should saturate your link in less than 30 seconds.
Hi

On the NAS, I have DHT enabled, and set the TCP and UDP to use the same port. On my router I have openeded the 16881 port for both TCP/UDP.
I tried disabling the Synology firewall, and download the Ubuntu torrent - but still no change in DL speed.
Strange thing is, that DL now constantly is 47,xx kb/s, and upload is 37,xx kb/s.

Are you sure your ISP is not throttling BT traffic? Could be some fare use policy kicking in.

The next thing I might try is changing the port (of course you'll need to change the the forward on the router too). I doubt it'll make any difference but who knows.

Of course, the forwarded port for dload station is not the same as your PC.

Are you sure your ISP is not throttling BT traffic? Could be some fare use policy kicking in.

The next thing I might try is changing the port (of course you'll need to change the the forward on the router too). I doubt it'll make any difference but who knows.

Of course, the forwarded port for dload station is not the same as your PC.
Hi
I've tried 4 different ports now, but nothing works. Now we are back to 0 download speed from DL station. I tried downloading the Ubuntu to my pc, and that was running at 1mb/s, so don't think my ISP has limited anything.

When was the last time that you had successful downloads from torrents with Download Station?
If you are on DSM 6.x then the Download Station version is somehow old, it has given me many troubles in the past .
Maybe it would be a good idea to try Deluge and Transmission clients from SynoCommunity packages...

When was the last time that you had successful downloads from torrents with Download Station?
If you are on DSM 6.x then the Download Station version is somehow old, it has given me many troubles in the past .
Maybe it would be a good idea to try Deluge and Transmission clients from SynoCommunity packages...
Well, a couple of months ago I guess since it was working as it should. I´ll try your other suggestions - thanks!! :)

I was a bit to fast there, cos it seems that the Transmission and Deluge is only for DSM 6.1. Mine is 6.2 :-(

I’m running out of ideas.
Could it be the whole DiskStation and not Download Station per se.

Can you run a speed test from the DiskStation? You can try:

• Can you try a new Ethernet cable? Unless your internal dloads from the DS are fast. Try to dload a big file from the DS to your PC.
  • Try a different port on the switch/router
  • I assume you tried restarting the NAS already?
Did anything change in the network before the decrease in speed happens?

I’m running out of ideas.
Could it be the whole DiskStation and not Download Station per se.

Can you run a speed test from the DiskStation? You can try:

• Can you try a new Ethernet cable? Unless your internal dloads from the DS are fast. Try to dload a big file from the DS to your PC.
  • Try a different port on the switch/router
  • I assume you tried restarting the NAS already?
Did anything change in the network before the decrease in speed happens?
Hi
I think I found out why there's no DL from DS. It seems all my downloads has been put into "Waiting" status.
There's lots of storage capacity on the volume, and there has been made no changes to folders or permissions, or to the user I´m using.

See if this helps:
Thanks man, but have been through all of those suggestions, still all downloads is in status “Waiting”.
I think I’ll just have to give up on this :-(

Very strange! I’ve never seen this “waiting” status before and I‘ve used a few clients not just Download Station.
A shot in the dark, but do you by any chance have DS (the package) on a volume while the download target folder is on another volume (with plenty of free space)?
Unfortunately no, they are on the same volume, and there's tons of available space.
I uninstalled Download Station again, and this time also removed the database. Installed Download Station again, and voila, now it works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.